Friday, May 18, 2007

SODEC: Day Two

It was a rainy day. As expected, there was a lower turnout of visitors compared to yesterday due to the bad weather. I was only at the exhibit in the morning but it was a day filled with some unexpected sight seeing.

From the Tokyo Big Sight, I took the Yurikamome Line to Shimbashi. The view and infrastructure is awesome! I am sure there are shared pictures over the Internet. It is a must see if you have a chance. From Shimbashi, I took the Tokyo Metro Ginza line to Kyoubashi where I met Mr. Kudo at the Tokyo office.

We had a meeting at NEC Tamagawa Plant at Kawasaki. It was my first time to visit this plant. The building is very modern, well-secured and imposing skyscraper. We met Mr. Asakura, a longtime executive of the firm. He introduced us to one of his present clients. We are hoping to get projects from this client too. That is the way things get done here. You cannot just drop by for a visit, offer a service and expect to get a business deal. A shoukaisha will arrange a business matching meeting. Introductions and presentations will be made. Afterwards, we hope that they callback for a job order.
Later, we had diner with associates based in the plant in one of the local restaurant bars. The waiter was a very jolly fellow.



Tired and semi-drunk. I just dozed off at the hotel bed as soon as I returned to Kamata at around 10 pm.

No comments: